It all started just after Christmas day. I received a "special" can of compressed "air" that was "specially designed for blowing unwanted dust off the camera CCD sensor. For some time I'd had a couple of small, but persistent specs of dust on the CCD of my camera, and no matter how hard I used the Rocket Blower, they would not budge. This can was going to be the answer!
A couple of days after Christmas, I decided that it was time to clean that sensor. Following my standard procedures I checked the sensor dust, then used the canned air to clean it "for good". I checked the senor having used the canned air, and to my horror the sensor now had over a dozen specs of dust, some quite large. To add to my horror, repeated use of the canned air (or my hand blower) did nothing to remove any of the new dust particles! A number of them were so large they could be seen as low as F8! Rather than press the issue further, I packed away my camera and "chilled".
Next morning I went off to my camera store to purchase a "wet cleaning kit". Physically touching the CCD sensor to clean it has NEVER been an ambition of mine, but desperate times ...
Having acquired the cleaning kit I proceeded to read all the instructions and reviewed YouTube content to see the correct method of wiping the CCD surface. I proceeded to do the clean, and had to repeat the process (using two different wiping pads) before it was clean. However, after the wet cleaning process there was only one small spec left in an unobtrusive location on the CCD surface.
I am an amateur photographer from Melbourne, Australia. I like fauna, and landscape imagery with an emphasis on sunrise and sunsets because you just cannot beat the colours that you get at those times of the day. I dabble in some other topics like architecture, patterns; texture, and I even have a go at action shots.